Last updated: 09/11/2023
- Job Applicant Privacy Notice
- What personal information do we collect and how do we share it?
- Who do we share it with?
- How long will we keep your personal information?
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Please read this notice in conjunction with our Privacy Notice.
What personal information do we collect and how do we share it?
We collect information directly from you during our recruitment and hiring process. This includes information that you give us when you create a profile in our application system, and information you provide when you apply or interview for a position.
We may also collect your personal information from another organization within our corporate family of companies or from third-party sources to assist us with specific employment-related activities. For example, background reporting agencies may conduct background checks on our behalf and provide their results to us. Examples of the types of information contained in a background check may include your criminal, employment, and educational history, as well as information about your character, general reputation, personal characteristics, credit standing, and more. We will obtain your consent before conducting a criminal background check on you. We may also collect information from references you provide to us and from publicly available social media or career website profiles.
Who do we share it with?
Other than as described in the Privacy Notice, we may share your personal information with other companies, including those within our corporate family, in order to:
- process your application
- evaluate you for current and future employment opportunities, communicate with you and inform you of employment opportunities
- fulfill our legal obligations
- conduct continued evaluation of background checks and
- improve our recruitment and hiring process, including performing analysis of our applicant pool, carry out internal record keeping, carry out equal opportunities, monitoring and conduct investigations related to company policies.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for only as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was collected, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, after which we delete or anonymize your personal information.
In order to access, delete or update/correct your personal information contained in your personnel file, please submit a written request through our Privacy Request form or by writing to Privacy Office, Wal-Mart Canada Corp., 1940 Argentia Road Mississauga, Ontario L5N 1P9.