Last updated: 07/01/2021
- Supplier Privacy Notice
- What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
- Who do we share it with?
- How long will we keep your personal information?
Supplier Privacy Notice
Please read this notice in conjunction with our Privacy Notice.
This notice outlines how and why we collect, use, share, and protect the personal information of employees of our suppliers and applies to suppliers of Walmart and suppliers of other members of our corporate family of companies.
What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
Other than as set out in the Privacy Notice, the information you share with Walmart helps us partner with you to create and manage our business relationship, e.g.
- When you visit our stores, engage with associates that manage your business relationship, complete the vendor onboarding process, or use our supplier-facing websites or mobile applications. When you engage in these activities, you may share different types of personal information with us, such as your name, email address, physical or postal address, phone number, date of birth and/or location information. You also provide us information in other ways through technology. Some of this information may be linked to you personally. This information helps us effectively partner with you and conduct our business.
- We may collect your personal information from another organization within our corporate family of companies.
- As part of our standard vendor onboarding process, we may receive information from third party sources, such as business credit reports and scores to help us assess supplier fitness, reduce fraud and ensure an effective partnership with you or the company for which you work.
Other than as set out in the Privacy Notice, your personal information is used to create and maintain your supplier account, fulfill requests and obligations related to our partnership, conduct auditing and monitoring of transactions and engagement.
Who do we share it with?
Other than as set out in the Privacy Notice, we may share your personal information with other companies, including those within our corporate family, for a business purpose.
- We may share your personal information in limited circumstances, such as to conduct our business, or when legally required to do so by law. We may share your personal information with service providers that help with our business activities. We require our service providers to keep your personal information secure, and do not allow our service providers to use or share your personal information for any purpose other than for providing services on our behalf.
- We may share personal information with the company you work for or other members of corporate family of companies if such sharing is directly related to your business relationship with Walmart.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information for only as long as it is required for the purposes for which it was collected, or as otherwise permitted by applicable law, after which we delete or anonymize your personal information.