By Stephanie Fusco, Corporate Affairs, Walmart Canada
Backpacks at the ready! School is almost back in session and students, parents, caregivers and educators across the country are gearing up for the big day.
At Walmart Canada, we’ve been filling our shelves with hundreds of back to school items – from technology to stationery - since June to make sure we’re here for our customers when they need us the most.
We’re offering even more Rollbacks on our every day low prices – hundreds in stationery alone! – and curating an assortment that gets kids prepped from Junior Kindergarten through to Post-Secondary.
Curious about what’s filling back to school baskets across Canada? We reached out to our Replenishment team to find out which products are getting top marks across Canada this year.*
- Our Whitehorse, YT store sells the most pens cross-country
- The most red pens are sold in our South Edmonton store!
- Pencils are a priority in our Square One store in Mississauga, ON
- The most erasers were sold in our Saskatoon South Walmart store.
- Alberta is the province where we sell the most notebooks
- Quebecers purchase the most highlighters compared to other provinces
- Our St. Albert, AB store is organization-central, selling more pencil cases than anywhere else in the country.
- Kids and parents in Sarnia, ON love their George Windbreakers – we sell the most here!
- While Girls Windbreakers top the list in that location, the most Boys Windbreakers are sold in Ontario’s East Windsor Walmart store.
- Students are prepped for puddle jumping in their George Rain Boots in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Students who visit our Scarborough West store are hoping for drier climates in their Kids Athletic Shoes.
- Backpacks are flying off the shelves in Saskatchewan, especially in the Saskatoon North Walmart store which sells more backpacks than anywhere in the country.
- Parents who visit our Brampton West store in Ontario are extra-prepared, purchasing more lunch boxes than anywhere else!
- Kids in PEI must love their Kids Drinkable Yogurt – that’s where we sell the most in the country!
- Chocolate chip mini muffins top the menu in BC: our store in Abbotsford, BC sells the most Banana Chocolate Chip mini muffins while our SW Surrey, BC store sells the most chocolate chip.
“We brought our back-to-school assortment to stores in June this year, knowing that families like to get a head start on their planning and shopping. Plus, we’ve made it easier than ever to shop our assortment in-store and online through grocery pickup and delivery,” shares Anna Mcarthur, Senior Category Manager, Hardlines, at Walmart Canada. “We know families are on a budget for back-to-school and we’re proud to be offering even more Rollbacks on back-to-school items, along with the same everyday low prices our customers expect and trust from Walmart.”
Customers shopping with Walmart can also enjoy our “Locked In Low Prices” campaign. We’ve lowered the prices on many Walmart Brands products in categories like food, consumables and health and wellness to offer significant savings. This year, Walmart Canada also introduced a special 10% discount for educators from August 11 – 17 to say thank you as they prepared for the school year ahead.
*Provinces and territories come in all different shapes and sizes, so all data shared is average units per store to help us provide an equal comparison.