By Flora Thay, Senior Director, Walmart Brands
Walmart Canada is on a mission to help Canadians save money so they can live better. We are proud to offer quality products at everyday low prices. Our customers can count on us to deliver.
We know higher prices due to inflation are impacting Canadians every day. We consider it an obligation to use our size and scale to make a positive difference for our customers as the cost of living rises.
“At Walmart, we are always listening to our customers,” says Sam Wankowski, Chief Merchandising Officer, Walmart Canada. “Canadians are spending more on everyday items their families need, and we want to help them save money. That’s our purpose. We take pride in keeping prices low for people.”
That’s why Walmart is doubling down on its commitment to everyday low prices with a new program.
Fighting inflation is in our DNA.
Walmart Canada is launching a “Locked In Low Prices” campaign to offer some of our Walmart Brands such as Great Value, Equate and Parent’s Choice select products at significant savings compared to leading national brands. This campaign is rolling out nationwide and customers can expect to see new savings both in-store and online at Walmart.ca.
We are offering great deals on exclusive brands. We have lowered the prices on many items in food, consumables, and health and wellness. We are committed to have these prices stay low and in stock for the remainder of the year.
“Walmart will not be beat on price,” Wankowski adds. “Fighting inflation is in our DNA.”
The program is initially launching in Ontario and Atlantic Canada before expanding nationally this summer.
Here are examples of everyday low prices now available in Ontario:
- Great Value Beans (540 mL) – $0.97
- Leading competitor price (398 mL) – $1.27
- Great Value Cereal (755 g) – $2.97
- Leading competitor price (425 g) – $4.27
- Great Value White Vinegar (4 L) – $1.97
- Leading competitor price (2.5 L) – $3.37
- Great Value Canola Oil (2.84 L) – $7.97
- Leading competitor price (2.84 L) – $12.67
- Great Value Keurig K-Cup Coffee Pods (48 capsules, 456 g) – $14.97
- Leading competitor price (30 capsules, 240 g) – $17.97
- Great Value Potato Chips (200 g) – $0.97
- Leading competitor price (180 g) – $2.77
- Great Value Macaroni & Cheese (200 g) – $0.77
- Leading competitor price (200 g) – $1.97