Safety at Walmart
The safety of our associates and customers is a top priority at Walmart. As an essential retailer, Walmart is complying with the new government restrictions in our Manitoba stores. We all have a role in helping reduce the spread of COVID-19, and we want to work constructively with the Manitoba government.
What’s changed at our Manitoba stores?
Only essential items will be available for purchase in our Manitoba stores until further notice. For a full list of the items permitted for sale in the store, please visit the Manitoba government website which lists the restrictions here.
Shop online on Walmart.ca
Customers can still shop for our full assortment of items by visiting Walmart.ca and using our contactless curbside pickup or delivery to receive their items.
We have increased our e-commerce capacity by adding more pickup time slots so our customers can get their products faster.
Shopping at Walmart in-store
To make in-store shopping more convenient, customers can use a new feature on the Walmart App called Book a Store Visit. Here’s how it works:
1. Select the store that is convenient and your preferred shopping time slot.
2. Receive a booking confirmation in email.
3. Show your confirmation email to the associate at the door to gain priority access to the store.
Safety at Walmart
Safety remains our top priority, every day. We will continue to take measures to support the well-being of our customers and associates, including:
• Increased cleaning throughout the store.
• Wellness checks that include a temperature check for all associates at the start of each shift.
• Limiting the number of customers shopping in the store at one time.
• Cleaning shopping carts.
• Encouraging regular handwashing.
• Regular cleaning of work areas (including checkouts).
• Installed plexi-glass dividers at registers, customer service desks and in our pharmacies.
• Introduced floor markings and one-way aisles to create physical distancing.
• Mandatory masks for customers and associates.
Thank you for your patience during these challenging times.