Canadians are focused on making spirits bright – and Walmart Canada is here for them as a one-stop-shop for the season’s shopping needs.
We’re doing what we do best at Walmart, Canadians' #1 choice to save on holiday shopping*: we’re focusing on price and value for our customers to help bring a little bit of extra magic to their homes, celebrations and loved ones.
We know our customers want to bring a feeling of festiveness and joy to their homes, even when wallets are feeling strapped.
Festive Food For Less
There’s nothing like gathering with family and friends for a holiday feast, which is why we’re offering must-have grocery items at prices that make it easier to host for the season. From Dec. 8 to 28, we’re offering last year’s prices on select holiday food items to help our customers enjoy a festive feast**. Traditional holiday foods such as turkey, stuffing, potatoes, gravy, cake, ice cream and more will be available at everyday low prices both in-store and online at Walmart.ca.
- We’re projecting to sell about 300,000 pounds of spiral hams in the month of December – that’s nearly the same average weight as a blue whale!
- Our produce team is projecting we will make nearly 10 million individual clementines available to Canadians this year. Stacked end-to-end, that’s the equivalent height of 879 CN Towers.
- The Walmart Canada Gingerbread House village is growing – about a quarter of a million houses will be sold! That’s enough for every individual person to have one in Burnaby, British Columbia.
On-trend items and newness at spectacular prices
“Our big message to our customers this year is: we’re here for you with the trends and newness you’re looking for and at the prices you expect from Walmart,” shares Courtney Fernandes, Senior Category Manager, Walmart Canada. “We’ve made sure that we can offer the products our customers want at our every day low prices. And this year’s assortment is one for the books: we’ve created beautiful trend-forward items that we know will fly off shelves.”
- Customers love our inflatable outdoor decorations, so we doubled our buy this year for 3.5 to 4-foot inflatables. We’re proud to continue to offer them at a market-leading price of $19.98.
- Our best-selling tree has a brand-new look for the season: 22% more branch tips , 3-inches larger in diameter and thicker, better quality branches make for a brighter, larger and fuller tree. This custom, higher-value option is available at $79.98.
- Customers are ready to wrap: we’ll sell enough wrapping paper and bows to cover millions of gifts this year. The amount of wrapping paper we sell is enough to cover the total square footage of all Walmart stores in Canada – and then some!
At Walmart, all our holiday décor is from our Walmart Brands, our private label offerings. Our team of in-house designers work passionately to craft the perfect holiday details for our customers and their families. Customers will see festive, custom motifs via three themes: Marché de Noel, Winter Wonderland and Enchanted Christmas. Our designers made decisions down to the final details – like the exact shape of our snowman’s button nose – on all of these made-for-us products.
2022’s Top Toys at Every Day Low Prices
Walmart is Canada’s #1 Toy Shop*** with 100s of Rollbacks on toys throughout the season. Our customers can stay on budget while checking off their list with ease, and can choose between shopping in-store or online at walmart.ca - with fast, free shipping on orders over $35****. Customers can also add 1000s of toys to their Walmart grocery pickup or delivery order, getting everything from groceries to games in as little as two hours***** and making it more convenient than ever to wrap up their holiday shopping.
Some of the season’s Top Toys include:
*Based on NielsenIQ survey commissioned by Walmart, surveying [1,487] of randomly selected Canadian adults from [August 25, 2022] to [September 2, 2022].
** Promotion from Dec. 8 to 28, 2022. Comparison based on the average national and regional prices charged for the featured items from Dec. 8 to 28, 2021, when purchasing the entire assortment of the same items. Prices at your local Walmart may be lower.
*** Source: NPD Toys Consumer Monitor 12 Months Ending June, 2022
****Based on NielsenIQ survey commissioned by Walmart, surveying [1,487] of randomly selected Canadian adults from [August 25, 2022] to [September 2, 2022].
* Min. $35 order before taxes and fees. Applies only to items shipped and sold by Walmart. See Walmart.ca for details and restrictions.
*****Fees apply. Not available in select locations. Minimum order $35 before taxes & fees. Only available with grocery delivery. See Walmart.ca for details.