Hi all -
Earlier today, Walmart Inc. released its Q4 results, which marks the end of our fiscal year and the beginning of the next.
Walmart Canada ended the year strongly and I’m optimistic for what’s to come in 2022 with our country opening back up.
For today’s business update, I want to tell you about our 2021 Impact Report, which we are launching today.
The report is a collection of the heart and soul of Walmart Canada, the people you see in our stores every day - our associates.
- You’ll meet Joshua, an Operations Manager at the Sudbury North Walmart Supercentre who took it upon himself to educate his peers about the impact residential schools have had on his family.
- As well as Karla in St. Albert, Alberta who started losing her hair over the stress from the pandemic, until a Walmart well-being program helped her return to dancing in her store!
- And the pharmacists who helped administer more than 800,000 COVID-19 vaccinations.
The Impact Report also tells the story of how our associates are leading our ongoing business transformation and focus on regeneration.
- We take you to Saskatoon to see how associates in the store quickly ramped up online grocery pickup as customers used the service more and more.
- You’ll see inside our regional distribution centre in Cornwall, Ontario where associates are leaning on innovation and modern technology to speed up the flow of goods for our customers.
These stories speak to our transformation and the company we’re becoming – one that is focused on regeneration.
Simply put, regeneration is about doing more good versus simply doing less harm. Being regenerative means we will always choose to leave our planet, communities and people better than we found them.
This is about using our size and scale to do good; to make a meaningful difference by acting with integrity, promoting sustainability, creating opportunity for all, and supporting our communities.
We have bold ambitions.
But if our associates taught us anything this past year, it’s that together we can overcome and achieve anything.
We can be the very best.
I look forward to updating you on our progress again in a couple of months
President & CEO, Walmart Canada