Mississauga, ON – December 4, 2020 – Walmart Canada today announced an additional appreciation bonus payment for its associates everywhere in Canada as a thank you for their continued dedication during the pandemic.
Overall, Walmart Canada has invested an additional $125 million this year in associate support during the pandemic, including:
· No-cost access to tele-health care professionals, including mental health support and counseling, through EQ Care.
· March appreciation bonus ($200 for full-time and $100 for part-time).
· Thank you premium (extra $2 for every hourly associate on top of regular hourly rate through April and May).
· Eight associate discount enhancement days (bringing the total discount on purchases to 20% discount) with two more planned.
· Support through any mandated quarantines and expanded sick leaves.
On Dec. 11, all active store, distribution centre and fleet associates in Canada will receive a new appreciation bonus, with full-time associates receiving $250 and part-time associates $150. Coaches and managers will also receive a bonus. This means that more than 85,000 associates are included in the appreciation bonus. **