Today, Walmart Canada store associates, including managers and hourly associates, are receiving a share of more than $100 million in total cash bonuses.
Walmart’s founder Sam Walton once said, “Share your profits with all your associates, and treat them as partners. In turn, they will treat you as a partner, and together you will all perform beyond your wildest expectations.”
The bonuses, which were based on stores’ performances from the past year, are part of an overall incentive plan designed to reward associates whose stores have met their performance and customer service goals.
Walmart Canada delivered strong Q4 results amidst the ongoing pandemic and our business continues to grow and evolve to meet the changing needs of our time-stretched, value-focused customers.
Today, we pass along the results of a successful year to our incredible store associates who have played a critical role in that success.
Investing in our associates
- All Walmart Canada associates earn more than the minimum wage in their province.
- We care and want every associate to know that we take their health and wellbeing seriously and put it above all else. We provide no-cost 24-hour access to physician care, a broad range of company-paid benefits, including comprehensive health and well-being benefits, deferred profit-sharing plan, stock purchase program, and partner discount programs to name a few.
- Associates also receive a Walmart discount card for savings of 10 per cent on most groceries and general merchandise sold at Walmart stores and on Walmart.ca.
- Walmart is more than just a place to work, but a place to build a career. Our in-house training is led by the Walmart Academy and training and development initiatives are designed to let our associates truly own their career paths and redefine their potential to build a workforce that is people-lead and tech-empowered. We want to make sure are associates are ready now and prepared for the future.
- In 2021, 7,400 associates were promoted.
- We offer a financial support program AdvancED for associates and their families, in order to help them pursue post-secondary education. We also offer scholarships for high school graduates to associates and their dependents.