Dear Valued Customer,
We know that COVID-19 is top of mind for Canadians across the country. We want to thank everyone, especially front-line health care workers, who are working tirelessly on this effort. Our primary focus is the health and wellness of our associates, our customers and our communities. Walmart is monitoring the situation very closely, adhering to guidance from public health authorities and taking several decisive actions in this time of uncertainty.
- Sent communications to our stores, distribution centres and corporate offices with information on taking proper precautions and supporting them with questions they have.
- Updating our company travel guidelines to only critical business travel.
- We are doing our very best to stock our stores and Walmart.ca as quickly as possible with the products customers are asking for right now – ex: hand sanitizer, paper products, cleaning supplies and nonperishables, etc.
- There is a very high demand for pickup and delivery services and our Associates and partners are working hard to fulfill every order.
- We are communicating with customers about the status of their orders because there is a lot of pressure on the system. We appreciate everyone’s patience.· Across our business, we are ensuring our customers are receiving the products they want at the same usual everyday low prices they expect and deserve.
- We have increased cleaning in the store, and have Associates dedicated to cleaning key areas throughout the day.
- We will always be there for our 90,000 Associates. We’ve asked any Associate who isn’t feeling well to feel confident staying home and we will be there to support them.
- We initiated a new policy that provides additional financial support for Associates that are under mandated quarantine. Associates will be eligible to receive pay for hours scheduled to work during the two-week quarantine period.
- For our Associates who are not feeling well, we have flexible pay and time-off options so they can also choose to stay home.
Overall, Walmart is continuing to adhere to the recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada. We urge people to take proper precautions and to contact a medical health professional if they are not feeling well.
President and CEO