Mississauga, ON, Oct. 16, 2014 – As part of its commitment to helping Canadians save money so they can live better, Walmart Canada is thrilled to announce its first-ever #WalmartMomCA ambassador program.
“Parenting bloggers are such a powerful resource for Canadians. They’re inventive, have great instincts and provide an honest account of family life,” said Jennifer Holgate, vice president of marketing communications at Walmart Canada. “We’ve assembled an impressive group of moms and are delighted that these influential women will help share tips and insights about shopping at Walmart.”
Through the leadership of Lena Almeida from Listen to Lena, this strong cohort of Canadian moms will share their experiences, offer advice and provide guidance on everything from back-to-school and holiday fun to the art of frugal living.
The Walmart Canada Mom ambassadors include:
- Lena Almeida, Listen to Lena - Lena, mom of two feisty little boys, is a writer, social media strategist and authentic shopaholic. In fact, if it’s on sale – she’s already bought it. From her exploits in the kitchen to her unwavering stance that fuchsia is the new black, Lena has built a niche brand that speaks to parents, fashionistas, beauty junkies and foodies alike.
- Jennifer Banks, A Busy Mommy - Jen likes a great coffee and an hour of shopping kid-free more than anything. Looking for the best deals on both groceries and kids fashion are favorite hobbies, and she loves to share those deals with her friends and blog readers.
- Jaime Damak, Je Suis Une Maman – Jaime is a mom of two, wife, blogger, radio and TV columnist and entrepreneur. Jaime, like a lot of moms, is a busy woman who tries hard to balance work and family. She lives by the motto, “I have the best intentions and I will always do my best.”
- Candace Derickx, Life in Pleasantville - Candace is the founder of an online lifestyle magazine for active and less-than-perfect modern families. She is a wife, mother to three, and proud owner of a golden doodle who hogs most of the attention in the house. Candace believes that living well on a budget is not only smart, it’s fashionable.
- Julia Gabriel, Nugglemama’s Handful - Julia is a married mom to five kids and furbaby who loves nothing better than saving money when shopping for her family. Some might call her frequent expeditions for the best deal futile; she just calls saving money smart. In between bargain hunting and raising kids, Julia likes to cozy up with a good book or get outside with her camera.
- Carol Gomez, Carol Au Courant - Carol is a mother of two, freelance writer and owner of a lifestyle, food and family blog catering to the savvy and stylish. Carol believes in big style without the big price tag because after all, frugal is the new fabulous!
- Tenille Lafontaine, Feisty Frugal and Fabulous - Tenille is a thirty-something mom of three living in Regina, SK. She balances life between her family, website, a daily News Talk Radio roundtable, and waiting in the drive thru line for coffee. Her mantra? "Being frugal isn't about being cheap, it's about finding the best value for your dollar."
- Diana Mancuso, Toronto Teacher Mom - Diana is a mother of two and an elementary French teacher in Toronto. Launched in 2006, her blog chronicles her family's experiences and her active lifestyle. When she isn't busy grasping onto what remains of her sanity, you can find her in her craft room designing handmade cards or in the lotus position meditating over chocolate.
- Sheri McDonald, Kidsumers - Sheri is a savvy mom of four who loves spending time with her family. She enjoys living in a small community and also loves traveling and taking on new adventures with her children. On her blog, a play on the word 'consumers', Sheri recommends products, shares family recipes and journals her family's travels.
- Marie-Andrée Pilote, Petit Zucchini - Marie-Andrée is a mom of four who’s always on the lookout for new and inexpensive ways to entertain her children. She definitely prefers playing with her kids over cleaning the floors and she always has a camera in hand to capture those magic moments.
Be sure to follow the #WalmartMomCA experiences as they share their thrifty thoughts, fashionable finds and gourmet goods over the next year.
About Walmart Canada
Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of 391 locations nationwide serving more than one million customers each day, as well as its flagship online store, www.walmart.ca, which is visited by over 400,000 Canadians daily. With 90,000 associates, Walmart is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked one of Canada’s top 10 most influential brands. Walmart Canada is focused on supporting families in need. Since 1994, the company has donated and raised more than $200 million to Canadian charities and not-for-profit organizations. Additional company information can be found at walmartcanada.ca, facebook.com/walmartcanada and at twitter.com/@walmartcanada.
For more information
Hilary Lawton, APEX Public Relations