Retailer to ROLLBACK the pricing on more than 7,000 items
Mississauga, Ontario, January 6, 2012 -- Walmart Canada today announced it will implement Rollback pricing on thousands of items during January to help Canadians save money on the items they need every day following the busy holiday season.
The retailer confirmed it plans to Rollback the pricing on more than 7,000 individual items, crossing all major categories from groceries to general merchandise. Combined, these Rollback prices are expected to translate into customer savings of more than $25.7 million in January.
“With the holiday season over, we know our customers are experiencing budget pressure and need to re-stock their basics,” said Lee Tappenden, chief merchandising officer at Walmart Canada. “We’ve focused much of our Rollback activity in our food and consumables as well as our health and wellness categories – so customers can take advantage of lower prices on what they need.”
Research shows nine out of 10 Canadians shop at Walmart for at least some of their needs, and according to Mr. Tappenden, Rollback prices are becoming even more important.
“Rollback prices are designed to drop our everyday low prices to an even greater value for the customer, whether the Rollback lasts for a month or longer” he said. A sampling of current Walmart Canada Rollback prices includes:
Food and consumables
- Danone Activia Yoghurt, 8x100 g: now $3.47, was $3.97
- Primo Pasta Sauce: now $1, was $1.48 to $1.88
- Quaker Instant Oatmeal, 218 g – 430 g: now $2.47, was $3.37
- Uncle Ben’s Fast & Fancy Rice, 165 g – 176 g: now $1, was $1.48
- Cashmere Bathroom Tissue -- 30 double rolls: now $10, was $21.97
- Arm & Hammer Liquid Laundry Detergent -- 6.21L: now $9.98, was $13.97
Health and wellness
- Aveeno Baby Wash or Lotion: now $7.96, was $9.46
- Renu Fresh or Sensitive Eyes contact lens solution: now $7.23, was $7.97
- Gillette Fussion ProGlide Razor: now $6, was $11.96
- Venus ProSkin Razor: now $6, was $10.12
- Gold’s Gym Exercise Bike: now $198, was $249.97
- Gold’s Gym Treadmill: now $398, was $499.97
- Gold’s Gym Elliptical Stride Trainer: now $298, was $349.97
- Bissell Easy Vac Upright Vacuum: now $39, was $49.96
- Boys’ or girls’ Graphic Tops: now $4, was $6 to $7
- Ladies’ Embellished Cardi or Mock Neck Sweater: now $14, was $15 to $20
About Walmart Canada
Established in 1994 and headquartered in Mississauga Ontario, Walmart Canada operates a growing network of 329 stores and serves more than one million customers each day across Canada. Walmart is one of Canada’s largest employers with more than 85,000 associates and is a platinum level winner in Canada’s10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures program and has been recognized as one of the best places to work for 50-plus Canadians.
For more information:
Rosalyn Carneiro, Corporate Affairs, Walmart Canada, 905-821-2111, ext. 74240