Unbeatable prices on licensed toys, classic toys and this season's must-have toys
MISSISSAUGA, ON, Oct. 15 /CNW/ - Walmart Canada announced today that it is dropping the price on hundreds of licensed toys, classic toys and this season's must-have toys to kick off the holiday season. Toys are the number-one gift idea for kids under 12.
"As a top destination for toys, our customers trust us to have the toys that will be on kids' wish lists this year," said Tamara Sakota, Walmart Canada's Chief Toy Officer. "Our toy buyers have worked hard to ensure our store shelves will be filled with kids' favourite toys and at the prices that moms can afford."
Canadians have already begun budgeting for the holidays and are always looking for great buys so they don't have to compromise when it comes to gift giving. "That's why we are starting our Christmas toy price cuts now," added Sakota. "By offering holiday pricing on toys early in the season, Walmart is giving Canadians an opportunity to spread out the cost of holiday shopping so they can stay on budget and still offer their families a holiday experience to remember."
Walmart Toy Highlights:
- Toy Story Shake 'N Go: $10 (was $19.94)
- Bakugan Ultimate Weapons Dragonoid: $29.96 (was $44.92)
- Transformers Deluxe or Generations: $9.86 (was $15.92)
- Yahtzee, Memory, Chutes and Ladders, Candy Land: $6.94 each (was $9.93 - $11.93)
- Smurfs: $10 (was $19.93)
- Perfection: $10 (was $19.93)
- Trouble: $10 (was $14.93)
- Play-Doh Mega Fun Factory: $19.77 (was $29.96)
This season's must-have toys
- Kung Zhu Hamsters or Zhu Zhu Pet Hamsters: $6.77 (was $9.94)
- The Game of Life 50th Special Anniversary Edition: $10
For the last three years, Walmart has been ranked the top destination for Christmas shoppers according to Maritz Research Canada's Holiday Shopping Poll. Walmart plans to save Canadians even more money this holiday season by announcing thousands of new price cuts in key categories in the weeks leading up to Christmas.
About Walmart Canada
Walmart Canada operates 321 stores nationwide serving more than one million Canadians each day. With 82,000 associates, the company is the nation's third-largest employer.
For further information:
Felicia Fefer, Walmart Canada, 905-821-2111