The safety and well-being of workers across our supply
chain is important to Walmart. Our Standards for Suppliers, along with our
Standards for Suppliers Manual, make clear our fundamental expectations for
suppliers and factories. All suppliers and their facilities – including
subcontracting and packaging facilities – are expected to uphold these
Recent important updates to our Standards for Suppliers Manual include:
- Factory Visibility and Disclosure
- All facilities within the scope of Walmart’s Responsible Sourcing program must be disclosed to us and available for a Responsible Sourcing audit. Suppliers found to be producing merchandise in an unauthorized facility or subcontracting to an unauthorized facility may lose the ability to do business with Walmart. Learn more about our disclosure requirements here.
- Company representatives
- Suppliers are required to designate employees who are responsible for facility compliance with applicable laws and standards. The designated employees must have sufficient visibility into facility operations to verify compliance at the facility level.
- Life and fire safety requirements
- As part of our effort to work with suppliers to improve facility conditions related to risk of fire, we've made several modifications to our protocol for auditing and assessing facilities. Facilities found to have serious life and fire safety-related violations are expected to take corrective action.
- Suppliers are required to display our Standards for Suppliers in all facilities where products are made for us. The Standards must be displayed in the language spoken by the majority of workers so they know our expectations of suppliers and factory management. Translations of both the Standards for Suppliers and the Standards for Suppliers Manual are provided on this website, with additional languages available to suppliers on Retail Link.
We believe the worker voice plays a key role in driving safety and well-being across the supply chain. That’s why we require facilities within the scope of the Responsible Sourcing program to display a toll-free phone number, e-mail address and website where workers can anonymously report concerns in their local language.