Walmart Canada is committed to the communities we serve and focused on supporting Canadian families in need. By providing funding to local organizations, our associates can show their support for programs that have an impact in the neighbourhoods where they live and work.
2016 Program Overview
This holiday season we are having a giving blitz with 1,000 grants of $1,000, totaling 1 million dollars, to eligible Canadian non-profit organizations.
Community-based non-profits, including registered charities, that support community engagement, including hunger relief, are invited to apply for a Community Giving Grant by applying through the link below.
Every year, Walmart Canada issues Community Giving Grants across the country to non-profit organizations that help community members in need. During this holiday season, Walmart will review applications and approve Community Giving Grants to non-profit organizations, including registered charities that meet the eligibility criteria*. Approved organizations will receive their grants in 2017.
Community grants are valued at $1,000 and the application deadline is December 20, 2016.
· Grants are awarded on a quarterly basis throughout the year.
· Organizations must submit an online application to be considered for funding.
· Submitting an online application does not guarantee funding.
· We encourage funding requests that align with our areas of focus – hunger relief and community engagement, however, all proposals that work toward strengthening the local community will be considered.
· The application deadline is December 20, 2016. Walmart reserves its right not to release all available grant funding if suitable applicants are not available or for any other reason whatsoever.
Organizations must be either:
· A Canadian non-profit organization operating for purposes beneficial to Canadian communities.
· A registered charity holding a current charitable registration number with the Canada Revenue Agency.
· Government-owned or controlled community centres, parks, schools, libraries, shelters and hospitals.
· Fundraising events (walks, tournaments, dinners, auctions, etc.)
· Individuals or individual pursuits
· Personal or group expeditions
· Contests or pageants
· Conferences, trade shows, fairs
· Advertising, film or video projects
· Recreational groups and professional organizations serving only their members
· Political activities
· For-profit organizations or businesses class
Selection Process and Guidelines
· Management at the store to which you are applying will review the application and make initial funding recommendations on all submitted requests.
· All donation requests require approval from Home Office.
· Please allow up to 90 days for your application to be reviewed.
· Organizations will be notified of any decision via email. All funding decisions are final.
· If approved, community grant cheques will be available for pick-up at the store location from which the funds were awarded. Please allow 4 weeks for delivery.
· All recipient organizations must complete a confirmation form at the time the cheque is picked up.
· Once an organization has receiving funding from a store location for this program, they are not eligible to reapply to that store location until the next fiscal year, starting February 1st.