Walmart Canada is working to become a zero waste business. Reducing waste saves money for our customers, our suppliers, and our business.
- In every store, we're finding new and innovative ways to send less waste to landfill including recycling the plastic and cardboard that accounts for most of our waste.
- With the help of our vendor partners, we plan to reduce packaging by 5% by 2013.
- Walmart sells a variety of seasonally themed reusable shopping bags.
- Our stores across Canada currently divert 80% of their waste from landfill. Walmart Canada's goal is to divert 90% of waste from landfill by 2015.
- Our home office is a near-zero-waste facility and we have two near-zero-waste stores – Waterdown, ON and Bridgewater, NS.